Short Term Rehab Questions
In this article, you’ll learn about the key offerings your facility should have and do. And, we’ll show you what you can do to make the recovery process faster.
Selecting a short-term rehabilitation facility to care for you after a surgery, fall, or other illness is an important process. A good rehabilitation program can put you back on your feet and even increase life span. However, the opposite can also be true, so be sure to do the homework and make sure the facility you select has the right programs and staff to meet your needs.
Here are some basic questions you should ask:
- What will be the goal of rehabilitation and are your expectations for recovery reasonable, from a time and effort perspective?
- How many patients have been successfully treated for the same type of care you require?
- What are the outcomes of similar patients?
- How many therapy hours are typically required? How many hours per day?
- Who will be working with you day to day on your rehabilitation plan?
- How often does the doctor visit with the patient?
- Who will decide when it’s time to go home?
It is also helpful to discuss any concerns you may have with the physicians and staff who will be working with you during your stay to properly manage expectations. Discussing outcomes is particularly important so that you can understand how successful the facility is at returning patients to their regular lifestyle versus remaining in ongoing care or even a nursing home.
Theodore Roosevelt said, “Believe you can and you’re halfway there.” Don’t underestimate the power of a positive outlook.
If you have the ability to have your rehabilitation performed in the same community as you live, this is even one step better! Being surrounded and supported by your family and friends, in a comfortable environment, can be very comforting and help keep you connected and engaged.
Baywoods of Annapolis is pleased to offer short-term rehabilitation services on-site. Contact us today to learn more about our community!