Waterfront Retirement Living
While retiring to a golf course community may intrigue some, others prefer the views and activities associated with waterfront living. In this article, we’ll highlight some of the popular activities available to those who choose waterfront retirement living.
Whether you’ve lived in Maryland all of your life, or are venturing into new territories, Annapolis has consistently been ranked, year after year, as one of the nation’s “most charming small towns.” Baywoods of Annapolis is a unique retirement community that provides easy access to Annapolis and all of its charms, along with a waterfront community that captures the beauty of the Chesapeake Bay.
Baywoods of Annapolis offers a truly unique retirement living experience. On Wednesday evenings, you can take a leisurely walk out to the boardwalk and pier and catch a glimpse of the infamous Wednesday night sailboat races, hosted by the Annapolis Yacht Club. Up to 150 crews typically compete in the races and they mean business! It’s fun to watch and a great way to spend Wednesday’s during the summer!
Other waterfront activities include:
- Visit and tour the historic Naval Academy.
- Take a cruise out of the Annapolis Harbor to visit another local waterfront favorite, the town of St. Michaels, for the day.
- Explore local lighthouses with a tour on the water.
- Enjoy a wide variety of birds, water fowl in their natural habitat, including Maryland’s famous Blue Heron.
- Take a fishing charter and catch dinner for the evening.
- Experience Maryland’s favorite crustacean, the Maryland Crab, at more than 25 local waterfront restaurants.